CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ribbon Wreath Tutorial

I was looking for a little something to sit and make while I was very, very pregnant this fall and I came up with this ribbon wreath and thought I would share it with you. It's really easy to make and I love the way it looks hanging up in our house!



Materials:
Styrofoam wreath
1 spool of ribbon for base/background color
5 or 6 spools of ribbon for the actual wreath - I used ribbon with wire because I think it will hold up better, but you could use other types of ribbon, too.
hot glue gun
scissors

To start, wrap your Styrofoam wreath in the base color, securing both ends with hot glue. I used white as my base color.
Then cut 5" (or so, I didn't measure and I think it looks better if they are not all exactly uniform) strips from your colored ribbon.

When they are cut, you want to fold each one in half and glue it about 1/4" - 1/2" from the bottom like so:
When the hot glue is dry, you'll fold the bottom out to create a flat surface. This will be how you'll attach the ribbon to the wreath.

Now it's time to glue all your ribbon on to the wreath! I put all the ribbon in a plastic bag and mixed them up so I could grab them out randomly. Then all you have to do is put some hot glue on the flat ribbon base and glue away! Remember to twist and turn the ribbon so it's not all uniform all the way around.
It's a bit time consuming, but I think it's so worth it. I made mine wreath in Christmas colors, but it's still up in my living room because I love it too much to put it down in the basement for 10 months of the year. Maybe eventually my husband will convince me to take it down. :)



Happy wreath making, friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment